Works to overcome the challenges facing the European Union in social exclusion.
Joint Venture aims to create a new and hybrid model of collaboration between entrepreneurs at risk of exclusion, NGOs, and the business world: companies identify opportunities for entrepreneurship and these business ideas are carried out by entrepreneurs together with NGOs.
It is a model that can be long lasting and efficient all over Europe, a tool for change that can help to fight the risk of marginalization and unemployment.
We will report on the effectiveness of the incubation process, how the training is implemented, as well as the effectiveness of the identification of micro-niche markets.
Create a tool for change for professionals working in entrepreneurship for people at risk of social exclusion.
Analyse entrepreneurship courses at the European level, aimed at improving the entrepreneurial skills of individuals and NGOs.
Create a hybrid model of collaboration between entrepreneurs at risk of social exclusion and Non-Governmental Organisations, supported by the business community.
Support the business world to identify entrepreneurship opportunities to be established by mixed teams of people at risk of social exclusion and NGOs.
Create a handbook highlighting 88 examples of good business practice for NGOs with people at risk of social exclusion at the European level.
Elaborate a report defining different indicators to measure the social impact of social enterprises.
Focus on people facing the greatest challenges of economic self-reliance.
Create adaptable training according to the needs of each group.
Currently, the European Union, like the rest of the Countries, has a huge problem originated from unemployment and poverty.
It is predicted that the economic transformation to a more digital system, will make it even more difficult to access the labour market. A successful system to increase the working opportunities is increasing the business activities, especially for those people who are at social exclusion risk and those who have low skills and knowledge to start their own companies.
The Joint Venture partnership will validate this hybrid model of collaboration between entrepreneurs and NGOs by distinguishing good practices, creating content for training and through the incubation of 9 “Joint Ventures”, joint business initiatives, (one entrepreneur at risk of marginalization together with an NGO). This is a model that can become a valid tool for change for all professionals of European social enterprises who work with individuals at risk of social and economic exclusion.
JOINT VENTURE brings together partners with deep expertise in the project themes. It will build on the activities carried out through the Language Interpreter Training as a Springboard to Work (LITSSW), funded through LLP Leonardo TOI in 2012, and recognised by the European Commission as a success story in the field of reducing language communication barriers.
Ultimately, JOINT VENTURE aims to overcome the challenges facing the EU in terms of social exclusion by empowering people at risk of social exclusion to create their employment opportunities collectively with the NGOs they work with from each group.
Joint Venture’s impact will be beneficial for:
- Entrepreneurs: 9 will be directly involved in the project, but many more will benefit from the tools that will be developed.
- Social organizations: 9 NGOs will work and validate the tools, will participate in the training, but all the workers of the selected NGOs will benefit from the outcomes of the project.
- Business Professionals: 100 professionals of the business sector will be contacted, six of them will be directly involved in providing training to the NGOs and playing the mentor.
- Public Administrations: the aim is to influence the way PA supports the social entities; thanks to the new tools they will receive to create a more efficient path for mitigating social exclusion.
- Adapted Incubation Program Design: research and development of social entrepreneurship training contents at the EU level but adapted to the training constraints of mixed teams.
- A Book containing 88 success stories of NGO business projects with people at risk of exclusion methodology validation: entrepreneurial NGOs incubation with 9 mixed teams (groups composed by a person at risk of exclusion, that wants to participate in the incubation process, helped by an NGO involved in the project), supported by companies and professionals from the business world.
- Measuring social impact methodology: different indicators for measuring social impact will be researched, analysed, and applied to find the ones more efficient for the project’s needs.